Saturday, October 27, 2012

PSY's Solo Concert in U.S.A



PSY will hold his first solo concert in the US next year! 

~ When will take place the concert?
*on 26th January 2013

~ Where?
* at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California

~Tickets?
* Ticket sales for the event will begin today, 27th October at 10.am on the website of Ticketmaster
The ticket costs reach from $40 up to $300 for V.I.P tickets.

In other news, on October 25th, Psy showed up on CNN and was interviewed by one of CNN's most popular reporters, Shannon Cook, about his new status as a world star and other things people want to know about him. 
When he was asked about his future songs, Psy responded: 
 “My next song is going to be half in Korean and half in English. I’m thinking about a new signature dance. It might not be as powerful and addictive as the horse riding dance, but I’m expecting it to welcomed just as much.” He added, “One thing that I know for sure is that it won’t be another ‘Gangnam Style.’ I can’t stay ‘Gangnam Style’ forever.”  

Shannon Cook has also asked him about his worldwide popularity, to which Psy said he doesn't understand why either. 
He stated, “Before coming back to the states, I went to Australia. ‘Gangnam Style’ was ranked at the top of their music chart for three weeks. Before I got there, I was curious to know if people will recognize me. Then when I was going through the customs, the agent there asked me to teach him how to do the horse dance. I couldn’t believe it. I asked myself if this was reality or not.” 
He also explained his changed status in Korea. First, his family is confused and wondering if this whole this is going to be okay. 
He said, “they ask me, ‘is this going to be alright?’ and ‘don’t you think you’re going to all these different countries a little too often?’” The second change in his life is that Koreans all over the world are now very proud of him. He said, “Koreans who live outside of Korea are all really proud of me. I don’t think I deserve that. I was notorious in Korea. In some aspects, I was a bad ass. But all of sudden, people are telling me to take care of myself, that they are proud of me. It’s a big burden and yet, I am very touched by them.”  
Lastly, Psy commented on why he thinks “Gangnam Style” became so popular. He said that it’s because “Gangnam Style” is fun. He commented, “I released this song in the middle of summer and economically, things were just not that great. I couldn’t think of anything else of myself and my role as an entertainer other than giving everyone fun and joy through my song, dance, and music video.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment